Folks from across the globe occasionally come and visit Jamaica, the land of wood and water. What do you love about Jamaica? Here is a video highlighting what our fellow citizens love about the island: (https://www.facebook.com/winston.steele.12/videos/2074001189282305/)
- 1/2 pound Margarine
- 1/2 pound dark sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla/almond flavoring
- 1 pound all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice/nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Browning
- 3 cups fruit wine
- 1 cup rum
- 3 cup soaked mixed fruits
- 1/2 cup cherries
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- Cream Margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla or almond flavoring.
- Combine flour, baking powder, breadcrumbs, mixed spice or nutmeg and mix well.
- Fold the flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the Grace Browning, fruit wine, rum, soaked mixed fruits, cherries and crushed peanuts.
- Scrape batter into a greased and lined 325 cm (10 inch) baking tin. Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 180°C/350°F or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Allow to cool.
Yield: 12 slices